Thursday 18 March 2010

The inevitable first post

I have a confession to make. I play tabletop roleplaying games.

There is no better way to make people in a new situation go and talk to someone else. Maybe that's desirable? Who knows. Anyway, this isn't going to be a blog moaning about social norms and the small-minded people who think that travelling to exciting places, "seeing" strange sights and having adventures is somehow a worse way to spend the evening than travelling to the local pub, "seeing" strange sights and trying not to vomit in the street on the way home. No, this is a blog about the nuts and bolts of gaming - something I have spent a lot of time thinking about over the fifteen or so years I have been playing and GMing. I am kicking off a new campaign soon and (obviously) I want it to work so I'm going to write about the various things I try on this blog. Maybe someone new to the game will find something useful. Maybe someone will suggest things to me. Let us take this voyage of discovery together.

No comments:

Post a Comment